South Korea resumes propaganda program against North Korea in Demilitarized Zone area 21308153

a
Defence & Security News - South Korea
 
 
South Korea resumes propaganda program against North Korea in Demilitarized Zone area
South Korea's Defense Minister Han Min-koo vowed Wednesday August 12 to scale up loudspeaker broadcasts in the Demilitarized Zone area and bolster psychological warfare against North Korea in retaliation for its suspected planting of land mines that inflicted serious injuries on South Korean troops last week.
     
South Korea resumes propaganda program against North Korea in Demilitarized Zone are 640 001
     
The South Korean military resumed its propaganda program after more than 11 years on Monday, after the Joint Chiefs of Staff determined that North Korean soldiers had crossed the border and buried the three land mines that exploded on Aug. 4.
 
 

We put two loudspeaker systems in operation as an initial step and will expand to full scale,” Han said at an emergency meeting of the National Assembly’s defense committee, adding that the broadcasts were taking place in four spots.

Ruling Saenuri Party Rep. Han Ki-ho, a retired three-star general, stressed that daily necessities and anti-Pyongyang leaflets should be sent to the North and propaganda electronic boards should be reactivated. The minister said he was looking into such measures.

In a bid to facilitate search and scouting missions in the heavily fortified DMZ areas, the JCS said it would take a more offensive during operations and make them more unpredictable by changing times and locations, while overhauling the safety of their routes and removing plants to secure broader visibility.

Army Brig. Gen. Ahn Young-ho, who led the joint probe with the U.N. Command, has said that the blast site was easily eclipsed by the iron fence and surrounded by trees, making it difficult for South Korean soldiers to spot an enemy approaching, which the North apparently took advantage of.

We’re seeking to improve our monitoring capabilities in key areas by gradually expanding badlands around guard posts and eliminating trees,” the JCS said in a report submitted to the parliamentary panel.

Later in the day, the defense committee unanimously adopted a resolution condemning Pyongyang’s provocation and urging an apology and preventive steps.

 

 

Cookies settings

×

Functional Cookies

This site uses cookies to ensure its proper functioning and cannot be deactivated from our systems. We don't use them not for advertising purposes. If these cookies are blocked, some parts of the site will not work.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

This website uses a number of cookies to manage, for example: user sessions.