Bradley M2A1 AIFV Armoured Infantry Fighting Vehicle
M2A1 Bradley AIFV (Armoured Infantry Fighting Vehicle) was introduced
in the U.S. Army in 1986, it's a further development of the standard
vehicle Bradley M2. The vehicle entered production in 1985 with first
delivery in 1986. By 1992, the M2A1s had begun being remanufactured
to upgraded standards M2A2. The M2A1 Bradley IFV's only difference with
the M2 Bradley IFV is an improved ATGM (Anti-Tank Guided Missile) launcher,
with greater accuracy and new sight system; there are also some new
equipment for the crew and infantry soldiers. (All pictures Photo courtesy
United States Department of Defense)
- Bradley M2: The basic production model, first fielded in 1981
- Bradley M2A2: Introduced in 1988, new engine, new armour with protection against 30 mm APDS rounds and RPGs (or similar anti-armor weapons).
- Bradley M2A3: Introduced in 2000, the A3 upgrades make the Bradley IFV totally digital and upgrade or improve existing electronics systems throughout improving target acquisition and fire control, navigation, and situational awareness. Also, the survivability of the vehicle is upgraded with a series of armor improvements, again both passive and reactive, as well as improved fire-suppression systems and NBC equipment.
- Bradley BCP: The Bradley BCP is a Command Post tracked armoured vehicle based on the chassis of the armoured infantry fighting vehicle Bradley.
- Bradley M6 Linebacker: The Bradley-Linebacker Short-Range Air Defense (SHORAD) system is essentially a United Defense Bradley infantry fighting vehicle with the twin Raytheon Systems Company TOW anti-tank guided missile system replaced by a pod containing four Stinger fire-and-forget Surface-to-Air Missiles (SAM).
- Bradley M7 FIST: Bradley FIST (Fire Support Team) vehicle for the US Army field artillery.
- Bradley AMEV: The Bradley AMEV delivers life-saving combat medical support and protection for casualties, evacuees and combat medics, while providing mobility and survivability equal to the supported Abrams and Bradley-equipped maneuver force.
- Bradley AMTV: The Bradley AMTV provides combat medical support to the Heavy Brigade Combat Team. The AMTV provides the capability to emplace forward surgical teams closer to the point of injury, allowing advanced trauma management and intervention treatment on today’s battlefield.
- Bradley Mortar Vehicle: The Bradley Mortar Vehicle’s large interior volume enables the vehicle to carry up to 115 rounds of 120mm mortars, which facilitates the crew’s ability to provide a longer duration of sustainable fires.
|Back to top|
|Back to top|
Global Defence & Security News
April 26, 2017 12:04
Russian defense industry promotes Gorets-M 4x4 armoured at FAMEX 2017 exhibition in Mexico Russian State arms export Company Rosoboronexport to promote Gorets-M 4x4 armoured vehicle at the FAMEX 2017 international aerospace exhibition in Mexico that began on…
Defense & Security Exhibition News
April 16, 2017
Army Recognition SITDEF 2017 Official Online Show Daily News and Web Television Army Recognition is proud to announce its selection as Official Online Show Daily News and Official Web TV for SITDEF 2017, the International Defense Technology Exhibition and…
Focus - Analysis - Photo reports
Analysis: Combat vehicles - armored - air-defense systems - tanks Russia Victory Day parade 2017 82604173
April 26, 2017
Analysis: Combat vehicles - armored - air-defense systems - tanks Russia Victory Day parade 2017 Analysis by Army Recogntion online defense and security magazine editorial team about all the new military equipment, armored, main battle tanks and air-defense…
Military Equipment / Defence Industry
TOR-M2DT Arctic short-range air defense missile system technical data sheet specifications pictures video 12104174
April 21, 2017
TOR-M2DT Arctic short-range air defense missile system The TOR-M2DT is a Russian-made short-range air defense missile system using the TOR-M2 missile launcher station. The system is especially designed to be used for Arctic region based on the chassis of the…
|Defense & Security TV News|
Defense Breaking News
Russian defense industry promotes Gorets-M 4x4 armoured at FAMEX 2017 exhibition...
Russian company Tecmash to export production line of 30 mm and 100 mm shells in ...
EuroSpike GmbH to procure 1,000 missiles and 97 launchers units of Spike to Germ...
Kazakhstan will host live-fire test of the new Russian-made S-500 air defence sy...
Acceptance tests of Russian-made S-350 Vityaz air defense missile will be comple...