Fateh-110 Fatah A-110 short range ground-to-ground ballistic missile
Fateh A-110 is a short-range, road-mobile, solid-propellant ballistic
missile based on the Russian made missile R-65 FROG, but other source
said it is a copy of the Chinese DF-11. It is most likely a modified
version of the unguided Zelzal-2 ground-to-ground missile, with the
addition of control and guidance systems.1 The Fateh A-110 is designed
to replace many of the aging Scud systems currently used in the Iranian
armed forces. Iran began developing the Fateh A-110 in 1997. The first
test flight of the Fateh A-110 took place in May 2001, with a second
the following September of 2002.3 A third test was recorded in February
2003. A fourth test was successfully completed during the second Holy
Prophet military exercise in November 2006. The Iranian Revolutionary
Guard successfully tested the Fateh in January of 2007 during an annual
war game. A fifth successful test was completed in September 2007 alongside
the Qadr-1 and the Shahab-3. Additional test flights have probably taken
place. During its tests, the Fateh A-110 was fired from a fixed launcher
similar to the one used by the Russian S-75 Guideline surface-to-air
missile. However, it is more likely that Iran has designed a launch
vehicle to make Fateh A-110 road mobile. In September 2010, the Iranian
Defense Ministry announced that army units are equipped with a third
generation of Fateh-100 missile with an upgraded range of 300 km. The
Fateh A-110 was designed to replace the old Russian-made ground-to-ground
ballistic missile Scud systems currently used in many countries in the
Middle East and also in Iran. The Fateh-110 was also exported to Syria.
First variant. With a range of 200 km.
- Fateh-110/II or Fateh A-110A: Second Generation Announced in 2004. It has a range between 160 and 210 km, but it is possible that Iran will add, if it has not already added, an extra booster toincrease the range of the missile to 400 km.
- Fateh-110/III or Fateh 3 A-110B: Third Generation Announced in 2010. Operational range of 250 km in place of 210 km for Fateh-110. It is expected that the A-110B will have a slightly reduced payload of 480 kg and an accuracy of 250 m CEP.
- Khalij Fars: is an Anti-ship ballistic missile based on Fateh-110. Unveiled in 2011.
- M-600: Syria has manufactured its own version of the Fateh-110, known as the M-600
|Back to top|
|Back to top|
Fateh-110 Fateh Fatah A-110 short range ground-to-air ballistic missile technical data sheet
- aa Details
- Published: Tuesday, 22 November 2011 10:52
|Defense & Security TV News|
IDEX 2017 Breaking News
IDEX 2017: NIMR signs massive contracts with UAE for over 1,750 armoured vehicle...
IDEX 2017: LimpidArmor introduces innovative circular review system for armored ...
IDEX 2017: ISOTREX Manufacturing showcases for the first time its brand new LEGI...
Mercedes' Actros 8x8 semitrailer tractor under IDEX 2017 spotlights 22302173
Undisclosed Middle-Eastern customer selects Safran's Epsilon navigation system f...