Milipol Paris 2019: Nando presents its autonomous security drone based-platform
The future of Site Security is here – and it's flying right above you! Forget about guards - trying to cover every inch of your perimeter. Nando's eye in the sky monitors your site incessantly with a field of vision and perspective that far outstrips that of the ground-bound human eyeball.
Nando drone has been utilized in Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Force, law enforcement, search and rescue, border patrol, natural disasters assessment, ISTAR (intelligence, surveillance), target acquisition & reconnaissance, border and coastal protection, homeland security, and commercial applications.(Picture source: Nando)
Forget about guards - trying to cover every inch of your perimeter. Usually, these guards have a small success rate in catching or at least deter intruders. Nando's eye in the sky monitors your site incessantly with a field of vision and perspective that far outstrips that of the ground-bound human eyeball. Any human profiles and motion are detected at a distance of up to 250 meters. Nor does darkness provide any cover from a drone employing thermal cameras.
Nando is a drone-based autonomous platform that offers a wide variety of autonomic solutions. What this means is a drone that can perform reconnaissance and patrols autonomically– without any human intervention. The products of these missions? That depends on the specific needs of the client.
The hardworking Nando's team has been experimenting, building and rebuilding until reaching a perfected fully autonomous docking and charging station, utilizing advanced technology and out of the box thinking.
Once the site-specific parameters are fed in the platform system- the drone is completely autonomous in all of its functions, from launch to deployment, data capture, and analysis, landing and recharging. A monthly or bi-monthly visit by one of our technicians is more than enough to maintain it in perfect operational conditions.
The component which transforms the drone into a truly autonomous platform is the docking and charging station. This station is the fruit of comprehensive research and efforts to achieve the winning formula that would render human intervention in the flight cycle unnecessary. An image analysis based autonomous landing system is embedded inside the station to ensure a safe landing of the drone after every mission. The station does more than the docking and charging the drone between missions – it’s the home that shelters the drone from every bad weather and harsh environmental conditions. The station is equipped with a temperature control unit that extends the lifespan of all the components (Picture source: Nando)
The platform's components
- Designed and built with lightweight materials.
- 70-minute flight time.
- Range of 5 Km radius, which covers up to 78,500 dunams (19397 acres) in each patrol round.
The docking station:
- Fully autonomous docking, charging, take-off, and landing of the drone.
- No human intervention required.
- Shelters and charges drone between missions.
- Self-docking, self-charging.
- Durable for all weather conditions.
- High-quality VIS and thermal cameras.
- Equipped with a unique AI-based imaging analysis system.
- Enables reliable identification of human body shape, even when. stationary from up to 250 meters.
- Both by day and by night.
The Control software:
- It allows the user to manage all the tasks in a clean and simple UI.
- Displaying all the relevant information about the drone, the mission, the weather, and any detections made