Online Show Daily News
International Defence & Security Equipment Exhibition
Excel London, United Kingdom
13 - 16 September 2011
Aimpoint at DSEI 2011
|Saturday, September 17, 2011, 2:20 PM|
|Aimpoint presents the last version of its FCS12 sight at DSEI 2011|
Swedish company Aimpoint presents the last version of its FCS12 fire control system at DSEI 2011. Swedish army ordered about 100 of these systems to equip its Carl Gustav launchers.
Aimpoint stand at DSEI 2011
The Aimpoint FCS12 is a Fire Control System for weapons like the recoilless Carl Gustav and Panzerfaust as well as Automatic Grenade Launchers and other support weapons. The operator aims at the target on a direct line-of-sight, which allows both eyes open. The optical axis between the eye and the target is not
• Small and very rugged design.
• No moving parts.
• Compatibility with all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD). The optical channel is designed to have an optimal eye relief of approximately 180 mm to allow the use of NVD.
• Digital push button interface located on the rear of the sight allows for setting advanced features, as well as providing a backup interface for standalone.
• User-friendly electronic controls and graphical interface displays.
• More than 3 days continuous operations including 100 range findings on one battery pack.
• Quick change battery power packs containing six standard AA batteries (Alkaline or Lithium).
• Manual override controls allow the operator to manually toggle range.
• Selectable language feature.
• Storage of up to 50 different ballistic algorithms.
• A short list of up to 5 different ballistic algorithms (types of ammunition) can be chosen directly from the remote grip interface.
• Terrain angle compensation measured by an integrated inclinometer.
• The LRF measurement button overrides all other functions and returns the system to ready mode from any other point in the menu.
• Selectable weapon feature.