DEFEA 2021: Intracom Defense-IDE presents RX-3plus TRPAS Tactical Remotely Piloted Aircraft System
RX-3plus is derived from the DEALER research project that is funded by the General Secretariat for Research and Innovation (GSRI). It is implemented by a consortium consisting of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (coordinator), IDE Intracom Defense and CFT.
RX-3plus is targeted at performing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) missions with large autonomy through the integration of several innovative technologies and concepts. (Picture source: Army Recognition)
RX-3plus is targeted at performing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) missions with large autonomy through the integration of several innovative technologies and concepts. The system comprises a fixed-wing, tactical UAV and a ground control station (GCS).
The main operational capabilities of the RX-3plus are equivalent to those of a MALE drone at much lower cost and size, thanks to the rapid technological progress made during the last few years, leading to the miniaturization of the size, weight and power consumption of the electronic subsystems. Added to increased endurance, these improvements address the need of EU member States for persistent ISR.
RX-3plus has been designed to facilitate collaborative mission execution in the form of teaming and swarming amog unmanned assets, since the employed communication systems support Flying Ad-hoc Networking technologies (FANETs). So, this UAV provides wide-area ISR services, spot areas of interest and high-quality intelligence. It can also be used to enhance the communication range of other unmanned devices, providing local coverage from sky to ground level.
The main features of RX-3plus are :
• the innovative blended-wing body layout, which offers a cosiderale increase in aerodynamic efficency when compared to traditional configurations, translating to less fuel consumption, thus longer endurance and improved payload capacity ;
• the multiple ISR sensors equipping RX-3plus, coupled with Artificial Intelligence-based, onboard sensor data processiong capabilities for target detection, recognition, identification and classification ;
• its robust and field-proven avionics able to operate in GNSS-denied environments ;
• cyber-security equipment ;
• long-range radio communication systems.