Soucy Defense Division
Composite Rubber Tracks for combat armored vehicles - Made in Canada
About Soucy Group
The Soucy Group is a Canadian privately own corporation, established for more than 50 years has more than 1,700 employees over 12 subsidiaries located in North America and Asia. Soucy Group is specialized in the design, development, and manufacturing a variety of components and parts for leading manufacturers of power sport, industrial, agricultural and defense vehicles around the world. For defense application, Soucy provides Composite Rubber Tracks (CRT) and associated systems to OEM’s and different armies.
The group’s strength comes from the complementarity of its services and the extent of its expertise. This makes Soucy a single source of supply for innovative solutions and turnkey projects when it comes to vehicle track systems.
Soucy has also developed its own manufacturing equipment and facilities to meet the specific requirements of each application – from ATVs to military vehicles up to 100,000 lbs.
|SOUCY DEFENSE DIVISION - 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE|
Over the last 30 years, with its Defense Division, Soucy has provided for the Defense markets over 31,000 CRTs ( Composite Rubber Tracks) to military customers located in Canada, Brazil, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherland, UK, Germany, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Soucy Defense Division builds partnership with defense and security OEM’s for new vehicle builds, and also interact with vehicle integrators for vehicle refurbishing and overhaul. Products are currently under development and testing within the UK, USA, Germany, Australia, and South Korea.
CRT systems have been operationally deployed in several theatres including Afghanistan and Iraq by several countries such as Denmark, Norway, and Canada. CRT solutions were adapted to a variety of platforms such as the M113, CV90, Bronco, and BV206 among others.
Below is some examples of the vehicles currently integrated with Soucy’s CRT.
|INFANTRY FIGHTING VEHICLE – CV90|
|ARMOURED FIGHTING VEHICLE - AS21 REDBACK|
Photo credit @Hanwha
|AMPHIBIOUS ARMOURED TRACK CARRIER - BV|
|ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER – M113|
|RCV Remotely Controlled Vehicle – RIPSAW|
Photo credit @TEXTRON - Ripsaw™ M5 photos are being used with permission from Textron Systems
The Soucy Composite Rubber Tracks (CRT) for Defense vehicles offers the following advantages and benefits:
• Increased durability over conventional Steel Track (ST) of between 30 to 60% depending vehicle weight
• Reduced vibration, extending the service life of ammunition (limited compaction) and electronic equipment components
• Reduced vehicle crew physical fatigue thus allowing for longer mission time and/or increased alertness.
• Reduced noise up to 13.5 dB increasing the efficiency of communications, stealth of movements and health and safety of the crew.
• Reduction of up to 30% in fuel consumption
• Reduced track system weight (up to 50% lighter than a steel tracks) allowing users to add mission equipment on vehicles
• Reduced braking distance by up to 30%
• Elimination of damage on paved surfaces and reduced ground pressure
• Increase of acceleration and top speed
• Virtually maintenance free
• Increased road wheel durability
• Significant reduction in life cycle costs
• Increased vehicle availability because of less downtime for pad changing
• Increased longitudinal track stiffness provides a more stable drive mode (direct steering)
ATDU (Armoured Trials and Development Unit – UK) tested our CRT Systems on the Warrior and results confirm the benefits exposed above.
As the leading manufacturer of Composite Rubber Track (CRT) for Defense purposes, Soucy products meet the highest requirements and continually pushes technological limits in order to design systems that defy the most difficult terrains.
Contact Soucy Defense Division
|Soucy International Inc |
5195 Richard street
Drummondville QC J2E 1A9
Tel: +1 819-474-4522
Website: Soucy Defense Division
The manufacturing of the CRT system is mainly performed within the Soucy organization (vertical integration) through its affiliates with minimal outsourcing activity, thus providing a consistent product of high quality by experienced personnel.