AAD 2018: Reutech Communications introduces secure Combat Net Radios
- AAD 2018 News Official Online Show Daily
- Posted On
Reutech Communications, a division of Reutech (Pty) Ltd, a leading military communications company since 1968, is introducing its comprehensive range of secure Combat Net Radios (CNR). This CNR family, along with the associated equipment and management software, covering the full spectrum of CNR requirements, is being offered in selective markets, either directly or through local partnerships.
Reutech Communications secure Combat Net Radios at AAD 2018 (Picture source Army Recognition)
The product family offers the user complete COMSEC and TRANSEC autonomy to secure their tactical voice and data network links for information sovereignty. Designed for joint operations between airborne, ground based and naval forces the family is based on a common architecture and a common tactical data link enabling the seamless integration of C4 systems, sensors, weapons and intelligence across the battlespace. The software defined radios are highly configurable allowing the user on the fly reconfiguration for mission and task optimisation. The full range of radios are on display at the Reutech stand in Hall 4N.
The company based in KwaZulu Natal, was contracted by Armscor to develop and manufacture a range of Software Defined Combat Net Radios (CNR) to modernize the communication needs of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF).
This range is a set of various sub-systems which when integrated enables the seamless interchange of information for the modern data centric battlefield.
This family of new generation products caters for the following sub-systems namely:
• Intra platform communication system (IPCS) – this provides connectivity to an integrated set of radios and associated equipment providing a local distribution network for typically within a landward vehicle system.
• Short range communication system (SRCS) – this includes a handheld and vehicle mounted radios providing a local distribution network between a group of dismounted soldiers and the supporting vehicle wirelessly operating in the UHF band.
• Medium range communications system (MRCS) – this includes a manpack, vehicle or static/fixed installation type radios providing for line of sight communications on the move for ground, naval, ground to air or air to air links operating in the very/ultra high frequency (V/UHF) band.
• Long range communications system (LRCS) – this includes a manpack, vehicle or static/fixed installation type radios providing for beyond line of sight communications on the move for ground, naval, ground to air or air to air links operating in the high frequency (HF) band.
• Tactical communications management system – this includes application software platform providing communications planning, fill management, network management and configuration/tracking of equipment.
Reutech Communications received a multi-year production contract to supply various sub-systems to the arms of services within the SANDF. Reutech Communications is a proud level 2 BBBEE Contributor under the ICT Sector Codes which affirms our commitment to economic transformation of our country. The contribution to the South African economy includes creation of more than 100 direct and indirect jobs over the past three years, investing in our industry by procuring from our local suppliers focusing more on black owned SMME’s, issuing of interest free loans to black SMME’s, offering rent free operating space as well as sub-contracting system integration work and transfer of technology to black owned Engineering companieswhich through skills transfer are able to produce in accordance with our quality standards. Through continued production contracts, Reutech Communications is able to ensure long term sustainability and empowerment of SMME’s.
Socio Economic Development is paramount to us hence a huge investment on our communities. RC have established a Computer Centre in one of the communities, which has improved matric results specifically in mathematics and science.
Furthermore, Reutech Communications pride itself in offering MERSETA accredited training programmesat their in-house Learning & Development Academy. In the last year, the company had100% absorption of unemployed learners through in-house learnerships programmes.