Army Recognition Forum Index Army Recognition
You have a collection of pictures, information and description of modern military equipment and armoured vehicles from all countries join this group. This forum is the property of Army Recognition magazine http://www.armyrecognition.com/index.php

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MILAN ADT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Army Recognition Forum Index -> Antiarmor Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GunMan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: MILAN ADT Reply with quote

Some pictures about the MILAN ADT.
All of these picture were taken by me during EuroSatory 2004.
Greetings
Gunman

jackehammond

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Gunman,

Great photos. I did an article on the Milan back in the mid 1980s. It is one of those weapon systems like the .50 caliber heavy machine gun which because of excellent design it will remain in service with upgrades for decades.

Finally, in the 1980s the US Marines were upset about the short range and lack of penetration of their DRAGON ATGW and had some of their people go to France and fire the Milan and they wanted to retired the DRAGON and adopt the Milan but were prevent by internal politics of US weapons manufactures in the US.

Jack E. Hammond

BTW> They are on slides, but when I was at AUSA in 1985 I got to meet the two UK Royal Marine Commandos that destroyed over five Argentine bunkers in front of Port Stanley during the Falklands War. They did it at night time with out a night sight unit by aiming for the machine gun fire coming from the bunkers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Army Recognition Forum Index -> Antiarmor Systems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: