Fahd 240 with 30 mm cannon turret armoured personnel carrier
Fahd is a wheeled armoured vehicle personnel carrier manufactured in
Egypt by the local Company Kader Factory to replace old Egyptian armoured
personnel carrier as the BTR-40 or the Egyptian-made Walid. The first
Fahd vehicle was based on the chassis of a German truck Mercedes-Benz
LAP 1117/32 truck (4 × 4) fitted with armour crew cabin and troop's
compartment. The production of the first Fahd began in 1985, with the
first production vehicles being completed in 1986 for the Egyptian Army.
The latest production model is the Fahd 240 which uses the chassis of
the Mercedes-Benz truck LAP 1424/32 4x4 and a powerful Diesel engine.
Currently it is estimated that more than 1000 vehicles Fahd in different
versions are in service in the Egyptian army forces, including 740 Fahd-240
fitted with a Russian-made BMP-2 turret armed with a 30 mm automatic
- Fahd-240 APC: armoured personnel carrier vehicle with troop's compartment at the rear of the chassis for 10 soldiers.
- Fahd-240 Kader 208 turret: the top of the hull is equipped with a small turret armed with one 12.7 mm and one 7.62 mm machine gun.
- Fahd-240/30: equipped with a BMP-2 turret armed with one automatic 30mm cannon
- Fahd-240 Command Post: the rear of the troop's compartment is equipped with navigation set, gyroscopic compass, wireless communication system, and 10 line telephone exchanges.
- Fahd-240 mine laying system: the rear part of the vehicle is fitted with seven carriers containing 250 anti-tank mines.
- Fahd-240 ambulance: the rear part of the vehicle is able to carry 4 laying patients, 4 sitting patients and one medical team.
- Fahd-240 recovery vehicle: The armoured recovery and repair workshop vehicle Fahd is designed to carry out recovery and repair field mission. The vehicle is equipped with a 2.5 tons hydraulic crane.
- Fahd-240 anti-riot vehicle: The vehicle is equipped with a twin-man turret with search light aiming and vision devices. A dozer blade is mounted at the front of the chassis.
|Back to top|
|Back to top|
|Your Add Video here ! Contact us now|
Milipol 2015 News
Russian security industry at Milipol 2015 with a full range of anti-terror equip...
EDEN Cluster Companies present latest innovations and technologies for security ...
ECA Group Presented its Ambitions in Humanoid Robotics Technology during MILIPOL...
Panasonic Introduced the World’s 1st Fully Rugged Detachable Notebook Toughbook ...
Milipol 2015 a response to terrorist threats with innovations and technologies o...